I finally found a recipe from Acute Designs, which was great, but I was actually a little disappointed by the low Oreo content. And I thought, hey what would make Cookies & Cream better? Make ’em creamier. Voila! Genius!
Twice Creamy Cookie
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 brick plain light cream cheese
- 2 large egg whites
- 8-10 Crushed Oreos
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Cream together the sugars, cream cheese, and vanilla in a bowl until fluffy. Add in egg whites and beat until just combined.
- Slowly add in flour mixture beating until just blended. Fold in Oreos. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350, and roll into balls slightly smaller than a golf ball, place approximately 1.5 inches apart on a lined (or greased) cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes until just starting to get golden around the edges (the secret to a good cookie is to just slightly under-bake it and let it rest on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes after), transfer to cooling rack after 5 minutes and allow to cool completely.